There has never been a better time to become an entrepreneur.
Technology, especially the Internet, has given birth to countless new industries.
Consumers and businesses have more needs and demands than ever before. They need entrepreneurs to fill the voids by solving problems with new and innovative solutions. Continue reading Avoiding The Common Pitfalls of Entrepreneurship
Scott Dylan gives 14 different things that successful people do on weekends.
1. Make time for family and friends.
2. Exercise. It’s the perfect opportunity to clear you mind and create fresh ideas.
3. Pursue a passion.
4. Vacation. Getting away for the weekend provides a great respite from the grind of an intense week at work.
5. Disconnect. No email, take a ‘tech Sabbath.’
7. Avoid chores. Create a small window for chores and errands, and then banish them from your mind the rest of the time.
8. Plan. Planning makes people more effective, and doing it before the week starts means you can hit Monday ready to go.
10. Gardening/crafts/games/sports/cooking/cultural activities.
12. Reflect. Successful people make time on weekends to appreciate what they have and reflect on their happiness and accomplishments.
13. Meditate. “How better to equip yourself for success in this very tough world?”
14. Recharge. Peak performance requires managing downtime, too–with the goal of really recharging your batteries. That’s how the most successful people get so much done.
Some employs may be more suited to advancing to a managerial role than others. So how do you decide which employee has the right qualities for such a role? What are the qualities that point to a future leader?
Continue reading How to Recognise a Future Leader in Your business
Starting a new business is never an easy task, with many people giving up on their venture within the first few months. Choosing the right business for you is crucial to the success of the efforts. You are far more likely to succeed if you feel passionate about what you are doing, especially when it comes to running your own company. If you are looking to start a new business, use these 5 tips from Scott Dylan for choosing the right business idea.
Continue reading Starting a New Business – 5 Tips for Choosing the Right Business Idea
Are you an entrepreneur with your finger in too many different pots? Are you having trouble sustaining interest in the business you’ve started? Are you feeling restless and ready for a change?
The same restlessness that caused you to become your own boss in the first place can easily come upon you again. Just because you’re an entrepreneur doesn’t mean the craving for something new and different ceases. Three to four years is a normal amount of time for anyone to reposition himself in a career, self-employed or not. Perhaps you’ve reached that stage too.
Continue reading When Entrepreneurs Lose Their Sizzle